Sunday 23 June 2013

Le Midi

Overview:
Le Midi is a posh fine-dining restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisines. It is situated right at the heart of Bangsar Shopping Centre and is easily one of the most romantic restaurants to bring your first date or to celebrate anniversaries. I had the privilege to dine in this restaurant thanks to my dearest boyfriend who brought me there for my 24th birthday. Be prepared to be swept off your feet into a gastronomic adventure of mouth-watering cuisines accompanied by a wide selection of wine. 



Aquarium with baby jellyfishes for the restaurant patrons viewing pleasure which has been a highlight and differentiating factor of Le Midi


Classic Escargots A la bourguignon with garlic butter
For appetizers we had classic escargots. We have had a craving for these cooked land snails for quite awhile and was really looking forward to this dish. The escargots were draped with flavourful garlic, butter and possibly thyme/parsley. Although the escargots were juicy and had a nice buttery taste, we felt that the this dish could use a little bit more salt. 


Baked cod fish with spinach 
I'm a big fan of baked cod fish and the best one I had ever tasted was in a fine-dining restaurant which used to be at TTDI Plaza. Sadly, the restaurant closed down subsequently and since then I was always on the lookout for a restaurant serving baked cod fish which could beat or at least match the one I had. 

Hence, when I saw baked cod fish on the menu at Le Midi, I knew I had to put that to the test. Must say the cod fish was above average and slightly overcooked. Was a tad bit disappointed considering the price we were paying for this dish. "Restaurant at TTDI Plaza", you have yet to meet your match. 


Rib-eye steak with asparagus, potatoes and mushrooms
Le boyfriend had the rib-eye steak for his main that night. The rib-eye steak was slightly overdone on one end. As you can see the potatoes have a very strong resemblance to scallops and when it first came we were almost deceived by it.

Although the food was not matched to our expectations, judging by the price we paid, it was compensated by excellent service, a romantic ambiance and great wine.

Mini jellyfishes! : )

After we were done with our meal, I had to take a closer look at the bobbing baby jellyfishes placed in a round aquarium illuminated with UV light making them look so beautiful. I had my eyes fixated at the aquarium for a good 5 minutes just attempting to analyze the movements of these amazing creatures. Wouldn't mind having some in my room next time #justsaying. Definitely a differentiating factor of Le Midi.


Nitty-gritty details:
Place: Bangsar Shopping Centre, Lot T3, 3rd Floor, East Wing, 285 Jalan Maarof, 59900 Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur
Opening hours: 
Sunday - Wednesdays : 12pm to 1am
Thursdays to Saturdays : 12pm to 2am
Contact: 03-2094 1318

No comments:

Post a Comment